Proftpd

Jeff plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:35:31 -0700

Ok, Here is my problem:

Again it's a problem finding a good HOWTO.  All the howtos and readmes on proftp tell me pretty good how to set up an anonymous account, however, I don't want an anonymous account setup.  I want myself, and anyone who I feel worthy, to be able to log in with a username and password of their choice (following good linux password rules)

My problem seems to be with configuring a correct proftpd.conf file.

I would like the logins to have as high of security as possible without downloading and installing and configuring excess packages.

The accounts don't necessarily have to have a shell account to log in, and I'd like all the logins to have the same folder tree. However, occasionally, I may want to make a diff folder for a new login account.

I was also wondering, if it's possible to setup different accounts for each Ethernet interface.  Say a highly secure login for myself from eth0 and a simple anon login if you are coming from eth1.

I don't know if that's possible or not.

Anyhow, Where can you point me?