Geek Jobs

Jay plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:55:56 -0700 (MST)

So, a number of geeks seem to be looking for jobs now-a-days with the
market not looking very positive. I realize there are a number of job
boards and such out there, but there doesn't seem to be a real "grass
roots" forum for geeks-only to talk about successes, problems, hints,
leads, tips, etc...

Thus, I figured I'd chip in a little effort. This is *NOT* anything
commercial - I just set this up as a side project, hosted on one of my
Linux machines at home on my DSL connection. I have created a discussion
mailing list at http://lists.geekjobs.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss.
Nothing huge, but it is meant to be a geeks-only forum to talk about geek
jobs. Just about anything goes - the idea is that "two heads are better
than one" and geeks can help other geeks (problems, hints, tips, leads,
etc...) get through these tough times.

If you're a geek and looking for a job, looking for a geek to fill a job,
have any good or bad stories to share, looking for some unbiased geek
feedback, searching for some hints/tips about geek jobs, whatever... Sign
up for the list - get help and help others. Although PLUG is obviously
AZ-centric, the list is not intended to be AZ-only. If you think this is a
good idea, spread the word about the list to other geeks.

We all know geeks are the smartest people out there - the more brains
together on the list, the better it is for everyone! Head on over to: