logigitech cordless optical mousman

Jonathan Claxton plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:41:33 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, John (EBo) David wrote:

> Jonathan Furrer wrote:
> >
> > hrmf, shouldn't be a software issue, and I don't run X so its difficult
> > for me to get you some conf lines, but if you're using the adapter it
> > would be teh same setup as your PS/2 mouse was, no different, honest :P
>
> understand and agree.  no clue as to what is up with it.  It makes no
> sense to me unless the adapter or mouse is bad.

You might want to read the USB docs in the /usr/src/linux/Documentation
directory. I got a Logitech optical mouse too connected to the USB port
and it works just fine. Just FYI, here is the relitive lines and /dev/
enttry....

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"

        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"

        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

crw-------    1 root     root      13,  63 Mar 23  2001 /dev/input/mice

Also, there is a program that shows what USB devices are connected and
that is usbview. :)