Speeding up File Transfers

Steve Holmes plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 31 May 2001 13:48:08 -0700 (MST)

Yes, this is all quite interesting.  I've never seen any speeds over 28k
other than the demo FTP with that null-loaded file.  I tried uploading a 2
meg file today and it kept timing out!  Those pauses you mentioned are
what killed my upload tests.

I just recently did an IFCONFIG on my system and noticed some colisions on
eth1, my Sprint connection.  I don't have any colisions or errors on my
local network (eth0) nor loopback.  I can't tell if I have any hardware
conflicts thus far; my two ne2000 cards are plugged in with ISA i/o
addresses at 0x280 and 0x300 respectively.  Don't know if any colisions
could cause my degraded performance.