West-Side Meeting 5/29: Some details please

foodog plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 28 May 2001 12:59:41 -0700

Right - tomorrow night, GCC HT1 Teleconference 7:00pm.  No changes.  I
plan to be there getting set up around 6:30.  Are you planning to hook
up to the projector, or do you need anything in particular?

Steve

<begin hype>
Come see nifty new hardware. The SAN and new servers are (finally) up
and rackmounted in the computer room (next to Teleconf).  We've got
approx 3/4 of a terrabyte online and are running Netware 5.1.

The previous incarnation had Netware 4.11 on Compaq Fibrechannel, two
70GB user volumes, each with about 1.1 million files - took about 4.5
hours to mount (with luck).  New goodies, each user volume is 170GB,
each takes a bit less than 1 second to mount thanks to migration to
Netware NSS volumes (journaling filesystem).

Servers: Intel STL2 mobo, 1GHz PIII, 1GB ECC RAM, Gig. Ethernet.
<end hype>

I love toys.