Help with .WAV editing?

foodog plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 27 May 2001 14:49:15 -0700

I finally learned how to rip .wav files from CDs and make them into
.mp3's (thanks, KevinO), and I'd like to be able to edit / remix them.
Whenever I try to use SoundStudio under KDE (RH 7.1) it bombs with a
window titled "error in tcl script" with a message of "error: child
process exited abnormally".  I thought it might be fighting with the KDE
noisemaker (arts? something like that) but turning it off didn't help.

Does anyone know what SoundStudio's problem might be, or have a wav
editor that they like?  One project I have planned is to chop up a live
album that ends up as a 725,926,028 byte wav - the whole disk is 1
track.

Thanks,
Steve