securing RedHat

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:33:23 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

haven't looked at this, but based on the number of thank yous I got for my
little security ditty I posted a couple of weeks ago, it might be
interesting for quite a few people.

http://www.LinuxDoc.org/LDP/solrhe/Securing-Optimizing-Linux-RH-Edition-v1.3/index.html

It would be really cool if someone would review it for us. I'm not going to
because I've been rescued and will once again working with the "one true
dist" ;-).

BTW, with the addition of the minimal firewall setup RedHat is in much
better shape, but portmap and those things that depend on it should still be
removed if they're not absolutely needed.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --