PLUG-West Library?

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 May 2001 22:28:24 -0700

On Wednesday 23 May 2001 09:59 pm, you wrote:
> How bout using any donated books for a PLUG lending library?
>
> It weouldnt be easy.  Someone would need to house the library, get the
> request from someone who wants to read a book, keep track of who borrowed
> the book, and when it is due back.
>
> On Wednesday 23 May 2001 21:05, you wrote:
> > I've got a discussion topic that doesn't go "boom".  Books donated to
> > PLUG become door prizes at meetings, ja?  It occurred to me that it
> > might be nice to build up a lending library to get more mileage out of
> > donations.  Any comments?

I've donated old computer books to the Scottsdale Public Library. Problem is
that they only accept donations with 'no strings attached' so there is no
guarantee that they will actually get put on the shelf.

It would be nice to see all this stuff be available to the public at large.
Maybe one of the community college libraries could set aside a section. It
could even included distros and other GPLed software.

Dennis Kibbe