Bouncing SPAM was Re: [azipa] cecarl@ionet.net (fwd)

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 May 2001 21:34:28 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

from the hands of JLF :)

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:31:27 -0700
From: J.Francois <frenchie@magusnet.com>
To: Jason Wilder <jwilder@americom-az.com>
Cc: "Azipa (E-mail)" <azipa@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Bouncing SPAM was Re: [azipa] cecarl@ionet.net

If you use Procmail ( /etc/procmailrc )
for local delivery, this will bounce the message with a
"no such user" error.

=========CUT HERE======
:0
* ^(To|From):.*cecarl@ionet.net
{ EXITCODE=77 }
=========CUT HERE======

Or put this in your sendmail deny file
and it will bounce with the error listed.

=========CUT HERE======
cecarl@ionet.net  "553 You SPAMMED Kenny. You Bastard!"
=========CUT HERE======

I figure if I didn't ask for it, I shouldn't have to accept it.
Bouncing it back undelivered is better than "just hitting delete"
and using up my disk space and time.

FYI: If it is a bogus mail address sent via a relay raped server,
     the bounce gets delivered to the admin so they will know that
     the server was relay-raped and why it was rejected.
     Customizing the message also acts as an instant SPAM complaint.

HTH. HAND.

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 03:19:32PM -0700, Jason Wilder wrote:
> Is anyone else receiving e-mail from this address that they've never
> solicited for?  I've tried getting this 'person' not to send it to no avail.
>
>  <<...>>
> Jason Wilder
> Americom Inc. - Connecting the Customer End to End.
> Engineering Project Manager
> IT/CAD Manager
> ph:  602-347-1117
> mo:  602-390-4764
> Quote: "When I go.  I want to go like Grandpa, peacefully in my sleep.  Not
> screaming in terror like his passengers."

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
MagusNet, Inc. - Design * Develop * Integrate
Doing my part to educate the Clubie Illiterati.  One LART at a time!

==AZIPA=================================================================
Arizona Internet Professionals Association http://www.azipa.org
Next AZIPA is Monday June 25th at 5:30pm. Location To Be Announced.
RSVP and Showcase/Sponsor sign-up is at http://www.acteva.com/go/azipa
Technology related, but not Internet related? Post it to aztechlist
  Subscribe: mailto:aztechlist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Neither technology or Internet related? Post it to the Off-Topic list
  Subscribe: mailto:azipaofftopic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Thank you to the following AZIPA Discussion List sponsors/supporters
* Greenberg Traurig, LLP - http://www.gtlaw.com
* Business Journal of Phoenix - http://phoenix.bcentral.com
* Inflow - http://www.inflow.com
* City of Phoenix - http://www.ci.phoenix.az.us