Really offtopic now... (was Re: Disposing of an old computer securely)

foodog plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 May 2001 19:27:00 -0700

  I wonder if Robot Wars has any weird rule that disqualifies
magnetically attached thermite parcels as weaponry?  Just trying to get
kinda back on topic.

  Maybe start small with plug-pyrotechnics?  BTW, a web site I visited
claims that 4th-of-July-issue sparklers make a good igniter.  That same
page refers to police cars as "statist thugmobiles", so I don't think
he's really into the Good Clean Fun aspect of thermite reactions.

Steve
(lucky to have reached adulthood with all original equipment intact)

P.S.  Ditto what Joel said.  You can get a nasty owie from molten metal
and exploding stuff, or high voltage, caustic chemicals, unshielded
radiation sources, etc. etc.

P.P.S.  A web search on "nitrous oxide" and "sparklers" or "sparkler
bomb" might still bring up an interesting Aussie website; those guys
know how to party.