Disposing of an old computer securely

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 May 2001 18:37:17 -0700 (MST)

Am 23. May, 2001 schwäzte Linux so:

> If you need to go through all this, I don't want to know what you have been
> doing!

It's now what you've been doing, rather what others are capable of. Well
that and your paranoia in reference to whether or not they will :).

A year's salary and a trip to radio shack and there's all kinds of spying
you can do. Imagine what a professional with a larger budget than what we
earn can do. That's JLF's point.

It's not a question of what you have to hide, rather how much you want
advertised without your permission.

Most of my email is to public mailing lists. I'm very trackable. At the same
time, I don't want *everything* I've done in the last 10 years available in
court because my dog piddled on my neighbor's roses.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
expr: Schreibfehler: Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)