Consulting/Small business software

Derek A. Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
22 May 2001 22:01:58 -0700

Charles,

> GPL does not mean that the software is free.  It only means you can work on
> the source for free.

You are correct, and why I clarified GNUe and GNUCash were both free as
in speech and beer.

> I was only trying to clarify some comments that seemed associated with
> comments I made about a particular software.  I do not use Mail lists as a

This was not meant as a 'jab' at you.  I am sorry email comes across w/
no emotion.  I meant it as clarification for myself.  As earlier someone
had asked a similar question and I suggested they look at GNUe.  I didnt
want to mention GNUe again and sound like a 'sales' person.  It was not
meant to say one shouldnt offer thier warez here, especially when asked.

> sales tool, Mr. Loki or is it Derek Neighbors?  I don't need to.  I have to
> beat back prospects with a bat.

It is Derek Neighbors. No need for cheap shots, I have no affliation
with Loki.  Its great that your software is doing well, its good to see
people able to get GNU\Linux clients regardless of license.

-derek