complicated router question....

kyle plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 22 May 2001 15:12:58 -0700 (PDT)

But this is what i dont get... How come i can run a
file sharing program like bearshare or icq and ppl can
send me messages or download songs from me?

So somehow those applications are opening ports for
traffic to come in... but i dont know why or how. Even
where i work i cannot run a web server behind the
firewall but i can run bearshare and i punches right
thru the firewall to open up a port and where i work
we have one anal firewall.
-Kyle