Newreader recommendation?

Pete Buechler plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 May 2001 20:48:00 -0700

On Monday 21 May 2001 05:45 am, Alan Dayley wrote:
> Try navigating the newsgroup tree to find
> comp.os.ms-windows.nt.kernel-mode. Imagine navigating/searching for that
> newsgroup without knowing the "comp.os.ms-windows" part.

Go to account->subscribe to Newsgroups to see the tree. With my ISP, it says
there are 33564 displayed. At the top there is a line labeled "filter" ( at
least there is in version 0.4). Enter kernel-mode into the filter. Now it
will say 1 displayed. That one is comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.nt.kernel-mode

My only complaint is that it seems to filter only with text strings, not a
regular expression filter as I was accustomed under knews. But I cannot whine
too loudly, or somebody will aks why I do not fix it (the curse of open
source).

-Pete-

P.S. Stay away from that ms-windows crap.