Newreader recommendation?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 May 2001 05:45:35 -0700

Try navigating the newsgroup tree to find comp.os.ms-windows.nt.kernel-mode.
Imagine navigating/searching for that newsgroup without knowing the
"comp.os.ms-windows" part.

1. Can't just search for "kernel" to find it.
2. The entire group name does not fit in the display.  The name column cannot
be stretched far enough to see it and there is no horizontal scroll bar to
see the rest of the name.

What I am comparing to, for those who may have used it, is Forte Free Agent
news reader.  It shows the groups as a sorted list and you can search the
list for any string to find the newsgroup you want.  Quick and easy.

I will keep looking at the other recommended news readers.

Alan