[aztechlist] Looking for Laser Printer Recommendations

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 18 May 2001 10:17:05 -0700

I don't think there is a 'turnkey' machine that is low cost for both *NIX
and Windows.  To get turnkey functionality it has to be PostScript ready and
they start at more than $600.

However, in theory Linux can print to any machine that uses HP's house
protocol.  However, SAMBA should be able to share a printer on *NIX to
Windows and *NIX machines and printers on Windows machines to *NIX and
Windows machines.  Unfortunately, as far as I know SAMBA still requires a
print server.  You can't get direct access with HP's direct-to-network
solution.