Bad Linux

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 May 2001 20:42:43 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. May, 2001 schwäzte Brian Cluff so:

> Plus I doubt that MS has ever done anything over night.  I just recently
> read an article straight from MS about why they take so long to publish
> patches for known bugs.  Their answer was an attack on open source, by
> saying that they take a long time, becase they test every one of their
> patches before releasing them, unlike opensource software that quickly
> releases a patch.
> I wish I could remember where I read that exactly so that I could refer
> directly to it.

I also saw something to that effect recently. Didn't find that, but I did
find this:

http://securityportal.com/direct.cgi?/cover/coverstory20000117.html

Don't have to give WSJ any info to see this one :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose (tie) away. - der.hans