Mozilla

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 May 2001 13:23:23 -0700

yarddog wrote:
> To be honest, I don't know. RH 7.1 is now supporting this Intel i810 video
> chip, and how that is setup, I don't know. I upgraded to KDE 2.1.2 thru RH's
> up2date program, and you are right, it didn't change anything.

In an xterm or konsole, type this:

xdpyinfo

Then look at the output near the bottom and find the line that says
"default visual id".  It's a hex number like 0x21.  Then look below
that for the "visual" entry that matches it ("visual id: 0x21").
There are two entries in that that are interesting:

 class:    TrueColor
 depth:    16 planes

If your 'class' is TrueColor and your 'depth' is 16 or higher (24 or
32) then you *should* be fine.  I suspect that your depth may be "8
planes" and/or your class is not TrueColor.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop