SCSI device tester program?

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 May 2001 09:30:06 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. May, 2001 schwäzte Alan Dayley so:

> I have hit the usual spots, freshmeat.net, linux.org, sourceforge.net and
> have not found a Linux tool to test, excercise and otherwise manipulate
> SCSI devices at the SCSI protocol level.
>
> Similar tools in the Windows world are "SCSI Pro" and "SCSI Mechanic".  We
> have also written our own Windows and DOS based tools.  I am just pushing
> harder for Linux use and am trying to determine if a program already exists
> out there to do "low level" SCSI command scripts.  (By low level I mean "Do
> a READ(10) on block x for y blocks")
>
> Anybody heard of one?  Are there commands I haven't found yet in Linux to
> already do this sort of thing?

Search the scsi mailing list or just ask there. Someone has a test device
thingy ( it's an option when configging the kernel ), but I've also seen
let's beat on your scsi system types of programs mentioned. That was at
least 2 years ago. I think one was most of a digital program written for
digital *nix or whatever it's name was that week.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.