SCSI device tester program?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 May 2001 07:33:20

I have hit the usual spots, freshmeat.net, linux.org, sourceforge.net and
have not found a Linux tool to test, excercise and otherwise manipulate
SCSI devices at the SCSI protocol level.

Similar tools in the Windows world are "SCSI Pro" and "SCSI Mechanic".  We
have also written our own Windows and DOS based tools.  I am just pushing
harder for Linux use and am trying to determine if a program already exists
out there to do "low level" SCSI command scripts.  (By low level I mean "Do
a READ(10) on block x for y blocks")

Anybody heard of one?  Are there commands I haven't found yet in Linux to
already do this sort of thing?

Alan