Bash profiles oh boy:)

Chris Cox plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 16 May 2001 23:23:15 -0500

Since pseudo terminals are use all the time by local logins... e.g.
xterms (though sessreg'd to usually show up as the display) etc.,
you may want to check your tty against the utmp
data (generally retrieve using who... but on Linux you'll need
to use 'w' to see where they came from).  Just parse through
that and go!!

Regards,
Chris

If things are properly configured, the remote name should show up