Which BSD?

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 16 May 2001 00:46:47 -0700 (MST)

Am 15. May, 2001 schwäzte yarddog so:

> I am new to the list, you guys seem to know something about BSD. I have
> FreeBSD 4.2 from a package I bought at Staples (Staples is "the" place in
> Flagstaff). It has 10 disks and a "complete" reference book. I paid $50
> for this which is being sold online for $100. Anyway, here is my problem,
> I have a HP Pavilion 6635, Celeron 533, SMC ethernet card (which works
> fine with the BSD), and a HP M70 monitor (the problem).  This monitor is
> powered by an Intel i810 chip, no card. FreeBSD does support the Intel

Can you just slap in a card? Annoying, but it works :).

> i740 chip. I downloaded virtually all of 7 drivers from the Intel website
> for Linux and the i810. I do not know how to install these drivers. If
> I could install these drivers, I "might" have a chance at getting the
> FreeBSD to install with the X Server. Does anyone have any suggestions for
> this? I have tried nearly everything including looking to pay someone to
> do this for me, but finding that knowledgeable person in Northern Arizona
> is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I appreciate any help.

There used to be a Linux Users Group in Flag. I think we recently got a
howdy from someone up there. Jim W, you got the contact addy? If the group is
floundering, help bring it back. That'll probably bring you tons of help.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.