Which BSD?

yarddog plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 15 May 2001 14:37:31 -0700

I am new to the list, you guys seem to know something about BSD. I have
FreeBSD 4.2 from a package I bought at Staples (Staples is "the" place
in Flagstaff). It has 10 disks and a "complete" reference book. I paid
$50 for this which is being sold online for $100. Anyway, here is my
problem, I have a HP Pavilion 6635, Celeron 533, SMC ethernet card
(which works fine with the BSD), and a HP M70 monitor (the problem).
This monitor is powered by an Intel i810 chip, no card. FreeBSD does
support the Intel i740 chip. I downloaded virtually all of 7 drivers
from the Intel website for Linux and the i810. I do not know how to
install these drivers. If I could install these drivers, I "might" have
a chance at getting the FreeBSD to install with the X Server. Does
anyone have any suggestions for this? I have tried nearly everything
including looking to pay someone to do this for me, but finding that
knowledgeable person in Northern Arizona is like looking for a needle in
a haystack. I appreciate any help.

Jim.