Which BSD?

Tom Bradford plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 15 May 2001 14:27:17 -0700

sm wrote:
> > You haven't experienced hardware incompatibility until you've installed
> > Solaris x86.

I have a Sun Blade 100 at work.  It's a relatively nice box.  It's all
USB based, which is very strange, since you would never expect Solaris
to support USB very well, but it does a good job.  I was amazed when I
got a Logitech cordless USB Keyboard/Mouse combo working on it without
having to even change any configuration.  It also takes PC133 RAM, so
Sun can no longer rape you for the cost of proprietary memory.

--
Tom Bradford --- The dbXML Project --- http://www.dbxml.org/
We store your XML data a hell of a lot better than /dev/null