Which BSD?

Marc Chung plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 15 May 2001 13:51:00 -0700 (MST)

Poorly licensed software? :)  Perhaps, but since 'apt-get install pine'
didn't work for me, due to licensing issues, you bet I went nuts.  And for
awhile, KDE2.1 was part of the unofficial sources lists, this was fun too,
and it was just because QT was "poorly licensed."  It's a terrible shame
that at the end of it all, only the users get screwed.

Oh wait, which OS were we talking about again :)..

Anyway, back to BSD:  I reallllllyy loved the /usr/ports collections.
The mechanisms used to update software (both OS and applications), are
incredibly simple yet powerful.

I use FreeBSD. I believe NetBSD had the mission of being ported to as many
platforms as possible. OpenBSD's statement is to be super-incredo
secure.  I didn't really need compatibility nor super security, so I chose
FreeBSD.

HTH,

--
Marc Chung