Samba

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 14 May 2001 18:07:05 -0700

----
You're probably on the right track.

if you delete klsmith.pwl and then go to start menu and log out klsmith,
when you log back in (assuming that you have Microsoft Networking Logon set
and not Windows Logon, you will be presented with a name and password logon.
Type the same name and password in this dialog that you expect to need with
the linux/samba computer. After it asks you to confirm the password you
should be able to access your home share on Samba.

If you still can't access your home share, it's because the password in
samba ain't what you think it is. You can reset the samba password - log on
as root or su to root, type smbpasswd klsmith and it will ask you for the
new password.

Craig