Hang up on Second reboot of Red Hat 7.1

KevinO plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 13 May 2001 02:21:03 -0700

"Michael J. Schweppe" wrote:

> On Sun, 13 May 2001 01:24:10 -0700, KevinO
> <kevin_oconnor@geocities.com> wrote:
>
> >At the lilo prompt enter : "linux single" and hit return. Hopefully
> >the system will come up in single user mode and you will get a prompt.
> >
> >Then enter the command : "chkconfig sendmail off".
>
> I don't get a lilo prompt, but the RH graphical login.
>
> How can I disable sendmail once I'm fully up?

Just use the following commands as root, on a command line in a terminal
window or a virtual console.

chkconfig sendmail off
service sendmail stop

The first command will tell the system not to start sendmail.
The second one will shut it down if it is already running.
--
Kevin O'Connor

She can kill all your files;
She can freeze with a frown.
And a wave of her hand brings the whole system down.
And she works on her code until ten after three.
She lives like a bat but she's always a hacker to me.
                -- Apologies to Billy Joel