servers vs. workstations, was Re: just in case you missed it

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 9 May 2001 21:48:11 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. May, 2001 schwäzte Kevin Buettner so:

> On May 9, 10:59am, Kevin Buettner wrote:
>
> > You can still use up2date in "pull mode" for free however.  You need
> > to register first, but after doing so, you simply run up2date on each
> > machine on your network to fetch and install the latest upgrades.
>
> It appears that I was misled by one of my colleagues.  The above used
> to work, but I just tried it again on one of my "no service" machines
> and it no longer does.  This is a shame because I do agree with Hans
> on this matter.

I have a way of making it happen. Not near as nice as apt-get, but doable.

I'm also opposed to making people register for security updates.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The