PCMCIA eth0

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 9 May 2001 11:34:26 -0700

Trent Shipley wrote:
> Does anyone have a favorite PCMCIA 10/100 ethernet card that's compatible
> with Linux?
>
> I have two and neither is on the list.

I've had great luck with two PCMCIA ethernet cards.  The first was a
10Mbs card from Xircom.  It worked great and had the handy feature of
a full-sized port so you could plug the wire directly into the card
without having to use external dongles or dohickeys or the like.  I
eventually replaced it because it was only a 10Mbs.  I replaced it
with a Linksys EtherFast 10/100Mbs that worked out of the box.
Changing from the Xircom to the Linksys was this easy:

1) Remove the Xircom
2) Insert the Linksys
3) Hear a few beeps

That's it.  I didn't need to do anything else.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop