just incase you missed it

Michael J. Schweppe plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 08 May 2001 06:16:36 -0700

On Tue, 08 May 2001 02:04:48 -0700, George Toft
<george@georgetoft.com> wrote:

>In the interest of maintaining a professional list, and a professional
>image, I would appreciate this type of posting not continue.  It has no
>place here.

Would it have been equally as less professional to have shown a Linux
exploit?

[...]

>Highlighting Microsoft's inability to
>patch the same overflow from one IIS version to the next does not
>favorably promote Linux at all - in fact, it continues the negative
>"Hacker OS" image that so many are working to overcome.

This line of reasoning makes no sense.  If MS has a quality issue we
should not discuss it because others have taken advantage of the
error/weakness and we thereby become guilty by some loose form of
association?

>Perhaps I'm showing my age, but I don't see how making some underpaid[1]
>NT admin's...

Underpaid!  According to the link below,

"The average reported salary was $65,528, and the overall median was
$63,000."

[...]

>http://www.sans.org/newlook/publications/salary2000.htm, note 10.
>2.  Security Portal,
>http://securityportal.com/articles/ntspseven20010507.html
>3.  Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, 18 U.S.C. § 1030

Mike