KDE 2.1.1 first impressions

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 6 May 2001 20:01:47 -0700

> Craig White wrote:
> > Kmail needs...
> >  - imap support
>
> This is in KDE 2.2 (now in alpha)
>
> >  - html mail support
>
> You mean *sending* HTML mail?
>
> >  - auth send
> >  - SSL
>
> Both have work in progress.  They depend on the SMTP "ioslave" getting
> out of alpha status *AND* (more importantly) getting the KMail authors
> to agree to use it.  There are some unfortunate politics going on in
> the KMail camp that may delay this for a few more months.
> --
---
Personally - the only times that I ever want to send HTML mail are few and
far between and I can use Netscape for those times (like responding to
anonymous jerk threats and embedding html links that identify the IP address
in httpd logs when they read the mail). It's receiving HTML mail that I
occassionally want the ability.

Auth Send & SSL are rapidly becoming necessary.

Craig