Radio Tux

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 6 May 2001 15:28:49 -0700 (MST)

Am 06. May, 2001 schwäzte LinuxFrankM@aol.com so:

>    What kind of keyboard are you using, I see that you can type german
> characters.

I'm using a standard ami keyboard. Actually lost the ability to type with
umlauts at some point. The ones you see are either in scripts I wrote before
or occasionally I'll cut and paste them in.

I think it was 'deadkeys' that allowed them. <alt> was how I could get to
them. They didn't work to regularly for vim, but did work fine in pico. It
initially started working when I moved to debian. Haven't run into it on
other dists, but as I say it appears to have disappeared from my debian
setup as well :(. No biggie. One of the few probs I've had with debian, so
I've got no complaints there :).

See also the $LANG var.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Motorraeder toeten nicht. Motorraeder werden getoetet.