vim and par

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 6 May 2001 02:45:59 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

while looking at a few things I ran into 'par'. This is a major cool tool
for me to switch to vim for writing email.

" Formats mail to 76 columns, correctly supports 'quotes'.
map #p vip!par 76gqr

Granted there's a bunch more stuff to what Nathan pointed out that sets the
textwidth, but I'll figure all that out at another time. Same time that I'll
decide if I want to automagically invoke the above mapping when replying to
email.

Only one thing left ( yeah, I'll find something else once I have that :).
This one should be easy. Just figured out part of part of it, now the
difficult part :).

:map #ee :.+1,$-3g/.*/d<cr>

That'll rip out everything from the current line to and including the 4th
from last line. Now, instead of hardcoding $-3g, I'd like to search for and
recognize a valid quoted sig, e.g. "^--$" with the sig on the following
lines, and have the line before it be what $-3g is doing for me. I'd also
like to get rid of the search highlighting that's left, but there's an easy,
ugly workaround for that :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Knowledge is useless unless it's shared. - der.hans