web editors

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 4 May 2001 11:11:42 -0700 (MST)

Am 04. May, 2001 schwäzte Carl Parrish so:

> uhmmm... there is a way to use vim in pine? How do you do that. I hate
> using pice to do my editing.

In the setup->config turn on alternate editor. ^_ will get it from a normal
pico session. I believe default alt editor is vi, next comes values for
$EDITOR and $VISUAL[1] and finally what you have in your .pinerc.

You could use whatever editor you want, e.g. emacs, joe, ed, jed, nedit,
etc.[2]

ciao,

der.hans

[1] What's the difference between those two anyway? I learned it once, but
have long since forgotten...

[2] Using head and tail might prove difficult :).

--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --