web editors

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 4 May 2001 00:18:23 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. May, 2001 schwäzte Nathan Saper so:

> In VIM, put "set textwidth=76" in your .vimrc.

That appears to work. Most cool. Now all I have to do is write enough to
enable others on the list to see if the text wrap works correctly :).
Actually it leads to another question. Anyone know of a way to put this in
the .vimrc such that it only affects vim when called from pine? There's got
to be some env variable or something to key off of.

The only real problem is gonna be it's gonna take me a few weeks to get used
to using vi in mail, so don't be surprised if my mails end with ^x^n^y ;-).

Cool. When you leave the headers 'enable alternate editor explicitly'
automagically takes you to full-screen for the other editor. It skipped the
headers on the way in the first time, I'll have to get used to doing them at
the end if that's the way it goes :(.

BTW, please let me know if the text isn't wrapping for you :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important