Interesting news...

Rusty Carruth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 3 May 2001 09:02:59 -0700 (MST)

> Am 02. May, 2001 schwäzte Rusty Carruth so:
>
> > Anyway, I'd thought it would be cool to make up a bunch of 1000
> > unit RFQ's and send them off to various vendors.  But if they ONLY
> > get points for actual violations the whole program is a joke.
>
> Look at the 'prizes'. You're better off buying a box of cracker jacks :).

That's true, its a joke even if they give you 'toys for turnins' ;-)

> > "we want to fine and burn any site-license violations, making
> > big money therefrom, and in exchange for losing your customer's
> > confidence we'll give you baubles".
> >
> > Sure. Any vendor stupid enough to do that deserves to go out
> > of business, as they probably will....
>
> Yup. I'd stop doing business with them.

Had an interesting discussion of this with someone yesterday.
Basically we decided that it would get REALLY interesting if
a Micro$oft competitor put in a bid for <x> units and had
their bid turned over to micro$oft.

We also decided that all RFQs should be marked PROPRIETARY
and CONFIDENTIAL...

rc