[azhttp] Ethics Question

Derek Zeller plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 2 May 2001 08:56:59 -0700

HELL YEAH !!!!  I think the moral question was already answered by the
people who are attempting to break in.  If a child molester is caught and
prosecuted then for the rest of there lives they have their name posted and
placed wherever they go so the that others can be warned of there presence
and previous crime(s). If you do something stupid there should be
consequences in order for others to think twice before doing it themselves.
I say go get'em Francois!

Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: J.Francois [mailto:frenchie@magusnet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 10:13 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Cc: azipa@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [azhttp] Ethics Question

Now that I am back online I am being hammered by script kiddies
trying to "0wN" the MagusNet Public Proxy.

I wrote a script to automate putting my Intrusion Detection Logs
into a Web Page to "out" the bad guys.

I realize this will do nothing more than make them redouble their efforts,
but the question I have is this:

Is it ethical to reveal the IP address and attacks of the bad guys
in a public web page?

Please give me your opinions.

The Page: http://www.magusnet.com/ids.html

Thanks.

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
MagusNet, Inc. - Design * Develop * Integrate
if ( $make_world || $make_build )
then { $HAVING_FUN_IS = $BUILDING{$BSD};
} else {
print "Sorry you can't do that with this Operating System";
}

www.azhttp.net

Post a message - azhttp@egroups.com
Post your event - events@azhttp.net

Subscribe to list - azhttp-subscribe@egroups.com

Arizona's High-Tech Talent Partnership - AZhttp.org
AZWorkforce Consortium
4939 W. Ray Road
Suite 4323
Chandler, Arizona 85226