Interesting news...

der.hans plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 2 May 2001 23:31:30 -0700 (MST)

Am 02. May, 2001 schwäzte Craig White so:

> That's BS - I have bought at least 12 boxes without OS. I put linux on
> them.  I don't like the idea of having MS serving me with a subpoena

I hope the subpoena me. I can use their money better than they do and if
they drag me into court I intend to get some of their money.

> which forces me to justify what I am doing with the boxes. I

None of their business. Invasion of privacy. It's like accusing me of
stealing ketchup because I bought a hamburger. I prefer a good salsa. And
who's to say I don't carry my own catsup around with me :).

> personally feel that it does a disservice to the open source market to
> allow people to use software without suitable license. I shouldn't
> have to prove that to Microsoft or any one else.

They have to have reasonable cause before they can do anything. Buying a
naked box is very, very far from reasonable cause. Unfortunately others
might not believe it. 'Supieriority through litigation', yeah, whatever.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Aligo.com
#  I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans