Which Linux Distro?

Blake Barnett plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:40:37 -0700

8.0 was officially released last time I checked.

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/pr-80us.php3

* Blake

-----Original Message-----
From: KevinO [mailto:kevin_oconnor@geocities.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 10:59 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Which Linux Distro?

AZ Pete wrote:

> I just wanted to thank everyone for their input.
> Based on all of the good input, I've decided to get Mandrake 8.0 and
become
> familiar with it myself and then have my brother install it and play with
it.
> Hopefully, this will bring another convert into the fold!!
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

As a Mandrake user ( and a very happy one also ) I want you to be aware
and keep in mind that Mandrake 8 is a beta version. You might want to
take a look at 7.2 instead ...

Thanks,
--
Kevin O'Connor

She can kill all your files;
She can freeze with a frown.
And a wave of her hand brings the whole system down.
And she works on her code until ten after three.
She lives like a bat but she's always a hacker to me.
                -- Apologies to Billy Joel