KDE menu question

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 1 May 2001 23:23:43 -0700

foodog wrote:
> I really like KDE except for one thing that's an annoyance (to put it
> mildly).  Whenever I leave my desk I lock the screen.  I click the K,
> the first menu choice is 'Logout', followed by 'Lock Screen'.  I'd be a
> happier camper if I could move the damnable 'Logout' somewhere else on
> the menu where I won't accidentally click it.  I invariably have a half
> dozen browser windows, mail, some term sessions and an editor or two
> running when that happens.  Grrr.
>
> I wouldn't be so bad if it would just logout instead of locking up the
> session. Alternately, having a logout confirmation (ala Winblows) would
> be helpful... Any suggestions?

Well, you can't get rid of the logout button unless you modify the
code (not hard, by the way).  However, you *CAN* specify whether or
not you want a confirmation dialog before logging out.

In the control center, click on System -> Session Manager.  There is a
checkbox with "Confirm Logout".  Make sure that is checked.

This applies to KDE 2.x.  You *are* using KDE 2.x, right? :-)
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop