Good ISP

Eden Li plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 21:11:16 -0700

EarthLink is a pretty good ISP, I just ordered a DSL package
from them.  1.5mbps down/356kbps up, $49.95/mo.  I haven't
been activated yet, so I'm not sure if I'll actually get what they
promised, but so far they've treated me pretty well.  A lot better
than Telocity/NorthPoint (NorthPoint recently went bankrupt
and Telocity did little about it except give me a dial-up line and
a sob story about how they can't get any other carriers to connect
to my place).

About the Linux issue; you can go with almost any DSL provider
as long as they provide you with a DSL modem that can connect
to an ethernet card (which most do, including EarthLink).
Everything else is a cakewalk to get your Linux box up and
running on the connection.  Just configure your ethernet card with
the right IPs and go.

HTH,
Eden