Plug-discuss digest, Vol 1 #906 - 18 msgs

Kurt Granroth kurt@granroth.org
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 11:24:37 -0700

Steve Roehling wrote:
> > Does anyone have speedchoice/sprint broadband?  I want to run a ircd =
> > server on our account, but afriad they might close it for whatever.   =
> > Does anyone know if they do port scanning?
>
> Yes, they do port scanning. No, you're not allowed to run services. Before
> you consider sprint bbd, I'd strongly suggest you visit the following for
> some idea of customers' experiences and performance issues:

Really?  Hmm.. maybe I should check through some logs.  I've been
running Sprint Broadband for about a year now and have had an SMTP
server and HTTP server running the whole time.  They have never said a
thing.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop