No eth0:

David Anderson dave@pmbc.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:01:21 -0700 (MST)

I also have a Linksys LNE100TX ( if it is the one you have )
I also could not get the tulip driver to work with
2.2.16*, 2.2.17* or 2.4.0
But on the floppy which came with the card,
Linksys supplied the driver I needed.
just had to ( see readme.txt )
tar xvfz tuiip.tar.gz
make

to test
insmod pci-scan.o
insmod tulip.o
depmod -a
ifup eth0
ping someone

then I moved the two file to ~/2.2.17-14/net/
edit etc/modules.conf

I will place the tar file at
ftp://dave.pmbc.com/pub/tmp/tulip.tar.gz

hope this helps