Cox and Linux - info needed

Julian M Catchen julian@catchen.org
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:20:53 -0700

I have been running on Qwest DSL for about 9 months now with no problems.
I run mail, web and ftp on standard ports and have not had problems -- of
course they are not very high bandwidth.  I think that you will find that
if your only choice for broadband is between DSL and cable, that you will
be happier with DSL.

There are many reasaons for this, but one of the best is because with DSL,
you get to choose your ISP.  There are at least 30 to choose from.  With
Cox, you get the "@Home" ISP with no choice. This includes, whether you can
have static IPs among other things.

I also know that in Cox's TOS agreement they do not allow servers or VPC.

HTH

julian