slow ftp and http access?

Shea Ferring shea.ferring@analex.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 08:36:27 -0700

Thanks for the help, Turns out my Linksys router had some problems so a
firmware update fixed it. The thing was only 3 months old and it had 2 pages
of updates!

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of
der.hans
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 12:31 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: slow ftp and http access?

Am 13. Mar, 2001 schwäzte Shea Ferring so:

> I thought I would bypass DNS if I use the IP to ftp to the machine? Is
> that not correct? What in the DNS should I look for?

The box you're connecting to is the one doing the reverse looking,
e.g. it's your client that doesn't have proper dns entries.

Also, before I forget, if you're transfering files up via ftp use scp
instead ;-). Minimally get ftp over ssl.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/