Part-time employment as software engineer

Eden Li eden.li@asu.edu
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:44:49 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C0B6EE.008E95B0

I'll cut right to the chase.  I'm looking for such a position.   I'm
currently
enrolled at ASU, and I don't have 40 hours to spare on a full time job.
But I do have more than 15 to spare on a part time job :)  Attached
is my resume (ASCII text, DOS \r\n format).

Thanks,
Eden Li
eden.li@asu.edu

From: "Alan Dayley" <alandd@consultpros.com>
> PS OK, now I'm asking: Got a lead for a job?  Send me a line!

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C0B6EE.008E95B0

Eden S. Li
1265 E. University Dr. #2045
Tempe, AZ  85281
(480) 379-0523
eden.li@asu.edu

Objective:
  Part-time or Contract Web Developer or C/C++/Java Programmer=20

Accomplishments:

 - Currently developing a cross-platform client using wxWindows
   (http://www.wxwindows.org) that integrates most of the online sharing
   protocols availible (Napster, BearShare, Gnutella, etc.).

 - Currently maintaining a FreeBSD web server (PHP, MySQL, Apache, =
mod_perl,
   etc.), an OpenBSD firewall and DNS (BIND4) servers, multiple Linux
   firewalls, and NT4.0 IIS and Exchange server.

 - Configured a local network connected to two DSL routers.

 - Created a carwashing point-of-sale system with PHP (with DHTML), =
Apache,
   and MySQL for the Carwasher of Mesa.

 - Developed a Linux Kali (online gaming/chatting) client with GTK+
   (http://www.gtk.org).

 - Created a PHP/SQL Server 7/IIS time scheduler (also can be =
retrofitted to use
   Apache/MySQL through a database abstraction layer)

 - Used Metrowerks PowerPlant (C++) in MacOS to develop a teacher survey
   application in which students can evaluate their teachers.

 - Developed a C application that is used to grade the Arizona State =
Math
   contest.

 - Developed multiple online content managers in PHP using MySQL and =
Apache.

Abilities:

 - Knowledge of Java and Java development=20
 - Strong knowledge of and experience with C/C++ for development in =
Linux and
   Windows=20
 - Highly competent in Perl=20
 - Versed in HTML=20
 - Fluent in PHP for web development=20
 - Knowledge of Visual Basic development=20
 - Knowledge of database interfaces using ODBC, and DBI with varying =
backends
   such as MySQL, MS-SQL 7, Access, and PostgreSQL.=20
 - Experience with Windows 95/98, Windows 3.1/DOS, and Windows NT/2000=20
 - Experience installing and configuring Debian, Slackware, Red Hat, =
OpenBSD,
   and FreeBSD=20
 - Extensive experience involving development in Linux=20
 - Can troubleshoot and fix Linux and BSD related problems=20
 - Can install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows 95/98/NT/2000

Interests and Activities:

 - I have made contributions to the Free Software Foundation by writing
   technical documentation for the GTK+ X Windows library =
(http://gtk.org/rdp/)
   and by developing the Linux Kali client called GtKali
   (http://gtkali.sourceforge.net/) under the LGPL license.

 - I am currently a member of the ASU Linux User's Group, Phoenix Linux =
User's
   Group, and Phoenix Perl Mongers (Perl User's Group).

Education:
=20
 * Arizona State University (2000 - present)
    - Majoring in Computer Science
    - Currently maintaing a 4.0 GPA
    - 13 credit hours earned so far, 7 hours are related directly to =
computer
      science

 * Marcos de Niza High School (1996 - 2000)
   - Three years of C/C++ Programming
   - Earned 6 Rio Salado College credit hours in C/C++ development
   - One year of Computer Applications

Job Experience:

 - Advanced Computer Solutions, Mesa, AZ
   (Jan 2000 to Present)
   Software Consultant =20

 - Mardex Incorporated, Tempe, AZ
   (Jul 1999 to Jan 2000)
   Co-Founder =20
 =20
 - Themes.org, Internet
   (Jul 1999 to Aug 1999)=20
   Layout Editor, Technical Document Writer, Server-side Development
 =20
 - Red Mountain Software, Mesa, AZ
   (Winter 1997)
   Web Developer