West-side meeting this Tue!

foodog foodog@qwest.net
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:56:43 -0700

"der.hans" wrote:

> moin, moin,
>
> just a reminder that the first west-side meeting is this Tue!
>
> Tuesday, March 27th at Glendale Community College in the High Tech 1
> Teleconference room. from 7:00 p.m. until around 9:30.
>
> See the PLUG home page, http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/, for a map of the
> campus.

Yup, what he said.

There isn't an official topic or presentation planned (this time), so I
like to think of this as a Get To Know People meeting, with Installfest
Overtones.

I'm hoping to finally see some of the people I've met here on the list.
Software-wise (for X86 machines) I'll be bringing one or more copies of:

Redhat 6.2
Immunix 6.2
Caldera 2.3
Stormix 2.06 Hailstorm
FreeBSD 4.0
a Caldera 'Technology Preview' disk from July 2000, with pre-release
kernel 4.0.

In the "there's a good chance I can find it on my desk" category,
there's:

OpenBSD x.x (July 2000)
TurboLinux x.x (July 2000)
Redhat 7.0
Redhat Wolverine (beta)

I've also get several lovely-yet-functional "PGP" mousepads to be given
away, along with some of the software listed above.

I'm told there's "not a lot of visitor parking" but campus security is
(peripherally) aware we'll be there.  I should have some visitor parking
permits  (probably a  dashboard paper) inside for the asking - I'm not
really familiar with GC from a visitor standpoint.

Be there; aloha ;-)
Steve