Debian and NICs

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:35:51 -0700 (MST)

Am 26. Mar, 2001 schwäzte David Demland so:

> When installing Strom on a box here at work, the install prompts for the
> NICs in the box. If these are changed later there seems to be error messages
> during boot up about the changed NICs. This leads me to think that somewhere

Presuming this is during module loading it's loading the wrong modules.

> the NIC and related driver is stored. This should be something I should be
> able to change myself if I change the NIC.
>
> Questions:
>
> If this is true, where is this information stored?

/etc/modules

Those modules get loaded at boot time.

/etc/network/interfaces is where interface setup is stored.

> And how do I change it?

vi because (x)emacs would just be wrong ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
# It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.