Sparc Help

Gary Nichols gnichols@qwest.net
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:40:57 -0700

I just realized I went off on a tangent and didn't answer your original
question.

The drive is probably bad - my Sparc came with a Macrapolis drive in it, and
Solaris only recognized it 50% of the time.  Do yourself a HUGE favor and
rip the drive out and use it as a paperweight.  Go on ebay and get yourself
a nicer drive.  They are usually between $10 and $25.

~Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Gary
Nichols
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 10:36 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: RE: Sparc Help

Most recent x86-ish scsi bios's let you configure which id to boot from.
For example, on an Adaptec 2940U2W you can CTRL-A at boot and change the
boot id from 0 to whatever.

Sun on the otherhand boots the drive from the eprom.  You have to tell the
eprom which device you're booting from.

Read more here, as it'll save me pages and pages of typing. :-)
http://docs.sun.com/ab2/coll.40.6/REFMAN1M/@Ab2PageView/60370?DwebQuery=scsi
+OR+boot&oqt=scsi+boot&Ab2Lang=C&Ab2Enc=iso-8859-1

Look at 'boot-device'. :)

~Gary
Have Sparc will travel