Sparc Help

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:46:06 -0700 (MST)

Am 22. Mar, 2001 schwäzte George Toft so:

> The drive is a Micropolis 4421AV, which is fast scsi-2 narrow.  Can

When micropolis went out of business they kept producing for a while. All
the workers knew they were getting laid off, etc. In other words the
needed to change their name to micrapolis. Sad actually. I'd seen good
results with their products.

> I replace it with any fast scsi-2 50 pin drive and expect it to work?

As long as you can properly plug the drive in, e.g. through adapters if
necessary, it should work. One of the cool things about scsi. Might not be
optimal usage, but it should function just fine.

I have frankensteinish scsi setups. If the controller is fast enough and I
don't use the slow devices very often my fast devices don't notice the
slow devices.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.